Friday, December 11, 2015

IDP Reflection

This was the first time I actually presented to a few proffessionals. I felt like these past few weeks really payed off, and I feel so relieved. I  actually felt like stuttering and freezing, but I managed to say what I needed to say, because my team depended on me. My heart kept on pounding really fast, but my group members told me no need to worry, and I guess that is when I'm loosing the nerves. So when I went to the room to present, there I saw Haymore, and Davis. Seeing Mr. Haymore there made me feel, really comfortable and less nervous. So my topic was about Stroke. So when my part came, aia spoke about ways people can help, and other resources like organizations. A few hours before my presentation, I kept on practicing what I was going to say. So when the time came, I didn't read off the cards, and neither were my group members. If anything, I learned that this is practice for real life, and I shouldn't worry or stress out so much. I learned that Stroke is something serious in today's society, and we can lend a helping hand and try to find them help. This project benefited me because now I don't feel to nervous. I shook the nerves off, so by the time the next one comes, I'm sure ready without a doubt. I really impressed my father. Before, most of my presentations, were lackluster, and unclear. Last night, that all changed because I spoke clear, had straight posture, didn't stutterd, and memorized what I was going to say. I definetly improved this time, and I am proud of myself. I'm also proud of my four other group members because we played it at well, and we each contributed a good amount of the presentation. By far, this has been the greatest representation I ever had done. It is already Friday, but I feel like this is one of my personal highlights of my freshmen year.

No comments:

Post a Comment